We collect information directly from you, from third-parties and automatically through our Sites/mobile applications. When you visit the Site, certain personal information about you such as your IP Address, etc. may be automatically stored with us. However, if you choose to avail of certain services on our Site, you shall be required to provide certain personal information for the registration and/or access to such services/web pages e.g. contact details, resume details, location data. We also collect information where you are an Employer providing necessary Employer information, e.g., for verification and billing purposes. Such information may include, without limitation, your first and last name, user name & password, email address, contact address, mobile/telephone number(s), sex, age, occupation, interests, credit card information, billing information, financial information, content, IP address, standard web log information, information about your computer hardware and software and such other information as may be required for your interaction with the services and from which your identity is discernible. We may also collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as code, preferences, favorites, etc. Further, sometimes you may be asked to provide descriptive, cultural, preferential and social & life style information. In addition to the above we may indirectly also collect information about you when you use certain third party services available on our Site. We may also collect certain information about the use of our Site by you, such as the services you access/use or areas you visit. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our Site to the interests of our Site users, to measure traffic on the Site. This information may also be used by our advertisers / third party companies to personalize content, ads etc.Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We collect information directly from you when you register with us.
1) We collect information (whether you are registered or not registered with us) when you browse our Sites/apps, open or respond to an email from us (promotional or informational),
2) When you post a comment on our Site or raise a query/question to us through phone or email.
3) We collect information from you when you register with us by linking your social media or third party accounts. By doing this, you are authorizing them to share with us certain information from such accounts, and authorizing us to collect, store, and use this in accordance with this Policy.
4) We collect information from you using third party tools, browser cookies and web beacons in order to improve user experience.
5) We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the service, such as IP address, geo-location information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other information for the purpose of providing customized information on the browser.
6) Our mobile application and Sites may capture your current location if you choose to enable GPS feature in the app or browser.
If you choose to provide us with the above mentioned information, you consent to the use, transfer, processing and storage of the information so provided by you on our servers. The information provided by you shall not be given to third parties (third parties for this purpose do not include our group / holding / subsidiary companies and or our service partners / associates) for marketing purposes and other related activities without your prior consent. Though if you choose to make your profile visible, all information pertaining to your profile will be visible to third parties.We generally use the information we collect:
1) To improve our Site and enable us to provide you the most user-friendly experience which is safe, smooth and customized;
2) To improve and customize our services, content and other commercial / non-commercial features on the Site;
3) To contact you to get your opinion on our current products and services or possible new products and/or services that may be offered by us.
4) To send you information on our products, services, special deals, promotions and to help Job Seekers find jobs and Employers find candidates;
5) To ask you to send feedback on any or all of our services;
6) To send you alerts and marketing/promotional communications (If you do not wish to receive such marketing/promotional communications from us you may indicate your preferences at the time of registration or by following the instructions provided on the Site or by providing instructions to this effect);
7) To create various surveys and analysis in form of reports;
8) To send newsletter(s) to you (Provided you subscribe to the same)
9) To send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so;
10) To provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our Site (If you participate, we may request certain additional personally identifiable information from you. Moreover, participation in these surveys or contests is shall be completely voluntary and you therefore shall have a choice whether or not to disclose such additional information);
11) To contact you or send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates on our Site, new job opportunities, services and additional/new job postings/openings which may be of your interest.
12) To provide customer support and the services you request; Ascertain how many people visit our Site, of what kind and what areas they visit, on our Site;
13) To resolve disputes, if any and troubleshooting;
14) To avoid/check illegal and/or potentially prohibited activities and to enforce Agreements
15) To provide service updates and promotional offers related to our services/products.
16) To comply with any court judgment / decree / order / directive / legal & government authority /applicable law;
17) To investigate potential violations or applicable national & international laws;
18) To investigate deliberate damage to the Site/services or its legitimate operation;
19) To Detect, prevent, or otherwise address security and/or technical issues;
20) To protect the rights, property or safety of HTML and/or its Directors, employees and the general public at large;
21) To respond to Claims of third parties;
22) To provide joint services, contents and marketing communications to the members of our corporate family and group, affiliates, service providers and third parties under a contract;
23) To send the information to other third parties to whom you explicitly require us; If you consent to receive information about third party (such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others) opportunities, products or services/job opportunities or you make your profile visible we may disclose your information to such third parties for sending you communications via e-mail or otherwise to inform about new opportunities/services/products and new job postings/openings which may be of your interest. Also we might use your personal information to communicate with you and ascertain if you are interested in third party services. Your information shall be disclosed to our employees/service providers who provide services to us vis-a-vis our Site and the services/products therein. These service providers/employees will have access to the information provided by you in order to perform their functions/services efficiently. You acknowledge that we may determine the words of your resume match the words of certain job descriptions, and vice versa, in order to improve the Site or any other Job Star service or product (including by displaying or otherwise making available potentially relevant job descriptions and resumes to Job Seekers and Employers). You agree that we may contact you or suggest you to Employers that might be interested in your resume/ profile. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend/person about our Site or refer a job posting/service, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Site. However, your friend may contact us to request that he does not require such services/content/email or we remove the information related to him /her from our database. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries with respect to our services/content, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. We will also send you SMS alerts from time to time to update you on new matched jobs and other updates. We may also share your information with third parties (including operators of third-party Sites and/or social networking Sites) in order to show you targeted advertisements and other content that has been customized for you. Such advertisements will only relate to Job Star’s services, products, and features, all of which focus on helping Job Seekers find jobs and Employers find candidates. In order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the personal information you submitted to us with information from third party sources (third parties for this purpose may include our group / holding / subsidiary companies and or our service partners /associates). We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Site.